|Job title:||Financial Analyst (FP&A)|
|Location:||Tunstall Healthcare (UK) Ltd|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week|
|Main purpose of role:|
Reporting to the Group FP&A Manager the Financial Analyst is responsible for the monthly consolidation of Group reporting, assisting the Group FP&A manager in preparing the monthly Board and Bank packs in addition to planning (budgeting, forecasting, long-range planning) as well as providing business finance support to Senior Management to aid decision making.
|Key responsibilities and results areas:|
- Responsible for PM10 – The Group Financial Consolidation system, in terms of month end consolidation and ensuring the Regions have submitted all data that is required and all control checks are in place and have been passed
- Take the lead in the development of PM10 (changes to reports, impact of new standards - IFRS, etc)
- Drive improvement process within finance globally, including identifying further system efficiencies
- Assist in the preparation of standard monthly reporting (Flash Report, Board Management Accounts, and Management Accounts for the banking syndicate) and supporting financial analyses and commentary within prescribed deadlines.
- Prepare the Groups’ fortnightly short term cashflow forecast, including reviewing and challenging the Region submissions and explanations for variances.
- Review and challenge Region’ financial performance vs budget, forecast, and prior year in order to provide detailed and robust explanations for trends and variances and to deliver strategic insight to senior management.
- Support month-end financial performance calls with Regions through pre-call review and analysis of period results and preparation of questions and issues to be discussed.
- Support the annual planning and quarterly re-forecasting processes for Regions.
- Assist in development, improvement and maintenance of Group consolidation planning models, including the Group’s long-range business plan model, Group budget/forecast model, and templates for collecting Region planning data.
- Collect Region inputs for and assist in preparation of presentations of actual, forecasted, and budgeted financial results for both internal and external customers (Senior Management, Board, banking syndicate, etc.).
- Assist in development of new reports or in upgrading of existing reports to satisfy the business requirements for information.
- Assist in development of Group planning and reporting processes.
- Assist in responding to queries from internal and external customers (Senior Management, Board, banking syndicate, etc.) also producing ad-hoc reports in response to such queries.
- Provide modelling, financial planning & analysis and to provide ad hoc financial support as required outside the day-to-day operations of the business
- Other tasks and duties as required by line manager.
|Knowledge, skills and experience competencies:|
- An accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or overseas equivalent)
- Current knowledge of accounting practices (IFRS)
- Finance/Accounting degree (or equivalent level education)
- Advanced Excel user (pivot tables, lookups, complex formula)
- Experience of financial consolidation systems: PM10 preferable, but any other system experience (MS Dynamics, Sage, Epicor, Hyperion, etc.) will be considered.
- Great relationship building skills, able to develop close and constructive relationships at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to continuously look for incisive insight into business performance
- A clear understanding of both accounting and of the commercial drivers underlying financial
- Ability to summarise information and communicate key messages accordingly
- The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adhere to deadlines